I am writing to give everyone an update on where we are with regard to the possible re-opening of the school. As you are aware we are already open for key worker children and therefore we would be looking at extending our provision to Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 children.
I would like to thank all parents who contacted the school as requested by last Friday in order to confirm whether they intended to send their child to school. This has been a huge help in our planning process.
The planning process is an absolute minefield of complex and logistical decisions but I wanted to share our timetable with you:
· Friday 15th Parents in Reception, Year 1 & Year 6 to confirm if sending their children to school
· Monday 18th Mr Myers and Mrs Cross to begin to plan based on numbers confirmed
· Tuesday 19th Proposed options/plan to be shared with staff and Health & Safety partners
· Wednesday 20th Health & Safety Risk Assessments to be completed
· Either Wednesday or Thursday (depending upon progress) we will put our proposals to the Academy Council to ratify.
· Thursday or Friday to share details of agree plan with staff and parents
· Half Term holiday – school closed to all to allow thorough clean and give team a break
· 1st June open as normal to key worker children only and use this week to put any additional arrangements in place.
Please note that we stand by our initial commitment to our children and staff – we will NOT extend provision if we do not feel it is safe to do so and the CEO of the Durham Diocesan MAT has agreed to support this decision.
Thank you for all of the positive and supportive messages we have received throughout this difficult time – it means a lot to me, Mrs Cross and our team.
Mr S Myers