If your child has SEND our SENCO will:
- Ensure the right support is put in place for each child
- Advise other Teachers and Teaching Assistants on how to help each child and ensure they have an up to date School Support Plan detailing how their needs will be met in school
- Arrange training for staff so they understand each child’s need
- Work closely with parents and carers to talk with them about their child’s needs and listen to any ideas and concerns they might have
- Work with other professionals (if necessary and with your permission) who may be able to help individual children e.g. Speech and Language Therapist.